Is polyurea a good option for restaurant flooring?
Commercial kitchen staff needs a safe, functional and hygienic environment. This means a proper restaurant kitchen flooring under their feet. Any type of commercial kitchen flooring needs a solution for slip resistance and cleaning. That’s why we recommend polyurea floor coating as an ideal solution that will keep your staff safe and protected. It will also make the cleaning easier and will keep the environment clean.
Polyurea checks off all the important boxes for commercial restaurant kitchen flooring:
- Industrial-strength resistance to heat, moisture, cleaning chemicals,
- Easily cleaned with a broom or mop with soap and water (no harsh chemicals needed),
- VOC-free (no toxic fumes),
- permanent solution.
Commercial Kitchen Flooring Options
There are many restaurant kitchen flooring options, but polyurea stands out as a stronger and more lasting solution. Most epoxy types of restaurant kitchen flooring sealants can‘t withstand intense wear and tear. Polyurea performs better than tiles, vinyl or other restaurant flooring materials because it bonds tightly with the moisture in the floor, creating a truly impermeable seal.
If you are considering other options like linoleum or tiles, you should know that polyurea coated floors will also perform better slip and bacteria resistance.
As for the restaurant kitchen flooring installation cost – be sure that Garage Design Source will do everything to fit any budget. However, NEVER CHOOSE A CHEAP FLOORING, if you don‘t want to lose money on reparations and re-coating.
Among many restaurant flooring ideas, restaurant managers say that they get the best results by using the unique formulas created at Garage Design Source. Check out our superior commercial restaurant flooring options today!
Restaurant Floor Design Options
All great restaurant floors must match their color, texture or patterns with the theme of the restaurant. Commercial restaurant epoxy flooring paint needs to possess industrial strength, but it doesn‘t have to look industrial and boring. Choose from a wide range of colors, creative patterns, and designs for the final touch of your restaurant floor. The custom options to enhance its appearance are endless.
Restaurant Flooring FAQ
What is Polyurea and Epoxy Restaurant Flooring Cost Per Square Foot?
The price for professionally installed restaurant epoxy flooring ranges from $3-$12 per a square foot. One should also keep in mind that the technique, the type of restaurant flooring (tiles, vinyl, polyurea) or the number of coatings applied will affect the total price. Before making any decisions or signing contracts with restaurant flooring companies, ask about the details on costs of labor, materials, and project supervision.
How to Clean Greasy Unfinished Restaurant Cement Flooring?
Unfinished cement floor cannot be easily physically damaged. However, it’s prone to stains. If you want to remove the stains from the surface, the stains must be deeply soaked in, in order to be lightened. Clean your floor regularly, at least once a week, if you don‘t want your stains to become permanent. However, you should know that unfinished cement stains can never be totally removed. That‘s why we recommend finishing your concrete floor with a sealer to prevent further damaging. In addition, it would be much easier to maintain and clean it.
What Are the Top Commercial Restaurant Kitchen Flooring Requirements?
- Safety – It should be the top priority of every restaurant. For the sake of the safety of your employees and customers, restaurant kitchen flooring must be slip resistant and seamless to provide protection from risks of trips and falls.
- Hygiene and maintenance – Commercial kitchens must keep up with the strict standards of hygiene and cleanliness. Restaurant floor coating must be easily cleaned and maintained in order to avoid all kinds of contamination like bacteria and mold.
- Durability – Another top requirement of commercial restaurant flooring is, by all means, durability since these floors are constantly exposed to the stress of traffic, cleaning chemicals, and other harmful agents.
- Aesthetics – it’s very important that your restaurant flooring is eye-appealing and reflect the overall look and ambiance of your environment.
Which Base to Use With Concrete Restaurant Flooring?
There are 2 types of bases you can use for staining your concrete: water-based and acid-based stain. But what is the difference between these two?
- Water-based is good for covering stains and it does not interact with the concrete, so the color remains untouched. These types of stains are easy to apply and they are environmentally friendly.
- Acid-based stain – This kind of concrete protection lasts longer than the water-based, but it comes in a limited number of natural tones. It‘s the best solution for high traffic areas and it needs cleaning after applying to remove the residue.
Before applying any base, preparation of the concrete surface is necessary!
What Are the Best Kitchen Flooring Options Under Fryers?
The best option for this kind of environment is polyurea floor coating that ideally matches the commercial kitchen requirements:
- it‘s highly resistant to hot oils, chemicals, and hot water,
- It reduces the risk of damaging the floor around fryer lines, floor drains etc,
- it reduces the risk of slips and falls,
- it has antimicrobial characteristics.
In D.C., Maryland and Northern Virginia we are serving: Arlington, Ashburn, Alexandria, Bethesda, Fairfax County, Gaithersburg, McLean, Rockville, Silver Spring, Springfield, Sterling, Potomac, Vienna.