Industrial Floor Coatings – Polyurea and Polyaspartic Flooring Solutions
Choosing a wrong epoxy industrial flooring for your business can cause you a serious headache since industrial facilities require heavy duty floors that must withstand all kinds of harmful challenges. Keep in mind that commercial and industrial floor systems are not the same! Commercial epoxy floor coatings are strong and durable, but demanding industrial environment must have much stronger, safer and more durable industrial floor covering able to withstand an extremely heavy use, pressure or aggressive chemical attack. If you want to install the top quality floors, stronger than classical epoxy systems, call Garage Design Source professionals. We will apply the best polyurea/polyaspartic floor coatings for your industrial facility. Our customer‘s satisfaction is our top priority!
Our industrial polyurea floor coatings can be used in a wide range of industrial settings, like:
- Storage Facilities
- Automotive Shops
- Machine Shops
- Aircraft Hangars
- And More!
Garage Design Source has proudly served Arlington, Ashburn, Alexandria, Bethesda, Fairfax, Gaithersburg, McLean, Rockville, Silver Spring, Springfield, Sterling, Potomac, Vienna in DC, Maryland and Northern Virginia for 13 years! Our team‘s representative eagerly meets every client to explain all the details related to our products and services, Furthermore, we do the necessary inspection of the concrete surface, discuss the industrial flooring goals and convey a thorough preparation before the flooring takes place. Don‘t worry about a thing – Garage Design Source will adjust to your requests and budget in no time!
Why is industrial polyurea floor coatings a great option for your industrial facility instead of epoxy floor coatings?
Industrial floors typically withstand more abuse and impact then residential and commercial epoxy flooring systems, so they need stronger floor coating solutions that will protect the industrial concrete against various harmful agents. Industrial polyurea floors are the most advanced systems that you can apply since they are resistant to gas, oils, and other chemicals that can seriously damage your concrete surface. Polyurea industrial floor paint is incomparably flexible in comparison to epoxy floor coatings. Moreover, it does not crack and peel under any circumstances.
Is there a difference between polyurea and polyaspartic coatings?
Polyurea belongs to a group of polyurethanes. Just like epoxy, it‘s low in VOCs, fast curing, and very strong. Polyurea paint for the concrete industrial floor is the actual coating, and polyaspartic is a type of polyurea that presents the enhancer of the actual coating. If you don‘t use epoxy coating solutions, it‘s a good idea to combine a chemically resistant polyurea floor coating with polyaspartics, in order to enjoy the benefits of your industrial floor. Polyaspartics are widely known to be highly resistant to wear and corrosion. Garage Design Source will enhance your floor covering with polyaspartics for the ideal floor coating thickness, and create a perfect, strong and non-abrasive surface.
How does polyurea floor coating look like?
Not only are polyurea and polyaspartic floor coatings fast drying, they also deliver industrial strength and an attractive high gloss appearance. That‘s why they are fit for a variety of different projects. High gloss polyurea floor coating has become more popular than epoxy, not only due to its functionality and resistance but also due to its exciting and decorative appearance. Industrial floors don‘t have to be dull and gray anymore. Modern epoxy and polyurea/polyaspartic coatings blend perfectly in the modern industrial interior. Moroever, Garage Design Source will create an attractive and welcoming ambiance with a wide variety of oil resistant epoxy and polyurea floor coating colors, patterns and designs.
What are the unique properties of polyurea floor coatings?
Epoxy floor coatings are good, but polyurea floor coating is definitively the best self-dispersing solution to your industrial facility due to its high resistance, extreme toughness, and fast curing properties. There are many benefits of applying this type of floor coating, and Garage Design Source underlines the most important:
- Resistance – these floor coatings show excellent flexibility and resistance to:
– high impact
– heavy traffic
- Durability – one of the key characteristics of these floor coatings is that they proved to withstand the test of time. They are 4x stronger than epoxy, for example, and had very few failures.
- Excellent concrete protection – there‘s no better protective coating (even better than epoxy), especially in heavy duty environments where the concrete gets easily ruined or damaged if not protected properly.
- UV stability – they won‘t change color or yellow.
- Environmentally friendly – Most high solids contain little or no VOCs in their applications, so they are safe to use.
- Anti-slip – applying full paint chips or adding a slip resistant solution into the top coat will increase the non-slip properties.
- Maintainance – if you wonder how to clean industrial polyurea floor, our GDS answer is: easily! These floors don‘t need some special cleaning treatment if maintained regularly. And due to its high-gloss finish, your floor will always look impeccable!
How much does polyaspartic / polyurea industrial flooring cost (per square foot)?
If you still haven‘t decided whether to choose epoxy or polyurea flooring for your facility, perhaps you should consider some key facts related to overall industrial polyurea floor cost and make your final decision:
- The average price per square meter is about $3-$12.
- Hiring a professional flooring company will also elevate the costs.
- You have to add paint chips in order to secure the anti-slip property of the floor, which means – more money.
- The floor preparation, the technique, the number of coatings, materials and project supervision may also affect the total cost of the polyurea floor installation.
Garage Design Source recommends to examine all these factors and plan your budget on time. However, you should also know that epoxy floor coatings are good, but polyurea floor coatings are the best solution for your industrial facility if conveyed by a floor coating professional. Keep in mind that there are no quality cheap epoxy floors!
How do we apply polyurea or epoxy industrial floor coating?
Epoxy and polyurea industrial flooring process imply a few important steps before reaching the moment of application.
- Before applying polyurea or epoxy floor coating , a proper floor preparation and substrate condition are of the utmost importance if you want your coating to bond with the concrete.
- Check out if there are any signs of moisture. If you don‘t get rid of it, even the epoxy installation process will not be satisfactory.
- Diamond grind the concrete surface to open the pores for better penetration of the solution.
- Fill in all the cracks, remove imperfections, camouflage holes if your old concrete shows signs of considerable wear.
- Then the floor staining takes place. Before staining the entire area, some testing should be done to see if there‘s a proper chemical interaction. The bonding will depend on the type of surface and the ability to flow into it.
- The primer will cure within an hour, and then the top coat with chips or quartz can be applied.
- Finally, scraping will clean up the chips and remove the excessive amount of the applied product.
- The top coat will give the smooth and elegant look to your concrete surface.
Garage Design Source experts say that the newly applied floor can be exposed to foot traffic in 2-3 hours, and driven after 24h.
What is the best-rated polyurea industrial floor coating?
If you care for your business, you should take into consideration many important factors when choosing the best flooring for your processing facility. The best industrial floor coating is the one that is approved by authorized agencies that convey rigorous expectations and support safety and sanitation regulations. This is especially important in food processing industry where cleanliness and germ free environment is the top priority. When you shop epoxy or polyurea floor coating or hire polyurea industrial floor coating contractors, make sure that the products to be used are approved by one of these regulatory authorities:
- FDA – Food and Drug Administration
- USDA – United States Department of Agriculture
- ANSI – American National Standards Institute
- NSF – National Science Foundation.
If you need help determining which type of epoxy or polyurea floor coating is right for your business, contact Garage Design Source. Schedule a FREE consultation today!
Garage Design Source has been helping Washington, D.C. home and business owners beautify their floors and organize their homes and offices for 13 years. With thousands of happy customers throughout the greater Washington, D.C. region, you can have peace of mind knowing that you are working with one of the area’s most respected home services contractor.
Schedule a no-hassle in-home consultation today and see what the Garage Design Source magic is all about!